Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Early Show

Kevin and Jodi will be giving a live interview tomorrow morning on The Early Show (CBS). The segment should be airing around 7:30am EST.

I also want to acknowledge all of the emails I am receiving. I can't respond to all of them, but I want everyone to know that I am reading them and sharing them with Jodi. I have received the most heartfelt stories and poems. I am truly touched that so many have taken the time to write, and I want you all to know that the support we are receiving is definitely a bright spot during this difficult time.

Many people have asked what they can do. My best advice right now is to stop watching! I posted this on another blog over the weekend, but I think it is worth repeating.

I made a personal decision long ago to do what I can to give those children the privacy and respect that they deserve. I refuse to watch and participate in something that I feel so strongly against.

We should not be able to watch the destruction of a real family. It is a little disturbing to me that so many people see this as entertainment. These are real children, not characters on a show. I didn't watch last night, but I did see a brief clip on one the news programs this morning. I am disgusted that they would show such a tender moment between Jon and his daughter just to pull at the viewer's heartstrings. That conversation should have been a private moment between a father and daughter. Each person who watched last night stole something from the children that they'll never get back. They deserve respect, privacy and security. Their own parents have taken that away from them, but we can give it back by letting TLC know that we won't watch it any longer. If Jon and Kate care so little for their family that they refuse to end the show, the viewers can end it for them. If you want to help the children, then stop watching!