Friday, May 15, 2009

Update

I am overwhelmed and so grateful for the outpouring of support. Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm making sure that Jodi knows there are so many people out there who are supporting them.

This is not a pleasant situation. Actually, I believe that this would be every family's worst nightmare! I know everyone has an opinion and feels that they have a right to voice it. Please be sensitive to the people who are actually living this. Jon and Kate's decisions are affecting many people who didn't ask for this--first and foremost--their own children.

I am asking everyone to please be patient. Most of you have no idea how this industry works. I know there are many questions, but the truth is, some people will never be satisfied with the information they are given. EVERYTHING does not need to be made public.

Yes, I know there is so much out there already, but don't assume that everything will be/has been made known. Everyone is just going to have to accept the fact that YOU don't know what's best because you don't have ALL of the information, and you probably never will.

The easy thing to do would be to remain silent. No one wants to open themselves up to public scrutiny, but family means everything to Kevin and Jodi. They are not going to take the easy way out, and turn their backs during a time when their family needs them more than ever.